Download Twitter video: Yes, you can download videos from Twitter and yes, you can save them locally on your device for offline view. But, there is no built-in tool on Twitter yet and the process is not as easy as saving photos. With a third-party Twitter video downloader, you can save/ download any mp4 file from the micro-blogging platform on the device of your choice, including Android mobile phone, iPhone, Mac, and Windows. While Twitter video download is not illegal/ restricted, you can get in trouble with copyright infringements if you decide to share them on your own. We would advise you to get the original owner’s consent before downloading videos from Twitter. Now, follow the steps below to learn how to download Twitter videos.
How to download video from Twitter on PC
There are many Twitter video downloaders that work across devices such as Android mobile phone, iPhone, and Windows/ Mac PCs available on the web, and DownloadTwitterVideos.com is among the neater ones. This doesn’t require you to download an app. Just a browser that supports download is enough to save videos from Twitter.
- To download Twitter videos, copy the video link that you wish to download. On the browser, this is super easy. Open the video on the new tab and copy the link from the address bar or click on the ‘upload’ icon next to the like option and select ‘Copy Link to Tweet’. Twitter app users can tap on the ‘share’ icon and select the ‘Copy Link’ option from the menu.
- After this, open your web browser and load DownloadTwitterVideo.com
- Paste the Twitter video link on the search bar and click/ tap on the Download MP4 buttons. This will automatically convert and download the video.
- The good thing about this YouTube video downloader is that it allows you to save videos in SD and HD qualities
How to download video from Twitter on Android
The web tool DownloadTwitterVideo.com also has a dedicated app for Android devices to download Twitter videos. The app is ad-supported, but you can get rid of them through an in-app purchase for Rs 80.
- Head over to Google Play Store and download the ‘Download Twitter Videos – Twitter video downloader’ app
- After the installation and initial setup, paste the Twitter video link you wish to download on the ‘Your Link’ box on the app’s home page
- Hit the blue download icon to save the video offline. At first, it’ll ask you for permission to access storage. Once you’ve allowed it, the app will automatically download Twitter videos on your phone.
- You can view and share the downloaded files via the Download Twitter Videos app or the phone’s gallery.
In case, you missed the ‘Download the highest video quality’ option during the initial setup of the Download Twitter Videos app, you can do so by tapping on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to the app’s settings page from where you can enable Download the highest quality video option. You can also use the app to download Instagram videos.
Twitter video downloader app for iPhone
iPhone users can download Documents: Files, PDF, Browser app from the App Store to save Twitter videos for offline view.
- Go to the Twitter app/ web page and copy the link with video
- Now, open the installed Documents: Files, PDF, Browser app on your iPhone and tap on the compass icon on the lower right to launch the browser.
- Search twdown.net from the browser and paste the Twitter video link on the ‘Enter Video Link’. Hit ‘Download’ to proceed
- The web page will fetch the results and give you the option to download a Twitter video in quality (1280 x 720, 480 x 270 or 640 x 360) of your preference. There is an option to convert Twitter video to mp3 as well
- Click on the ‘Download’ button and rename the file (if necessary) and select ‘Done’
The Twitter video will download on your iPhone for free. To view your downloaded videos, open the app, select the compass icon and look for the ‘downward arrow’ icon. There you’ll find all the Twitter videos saved on your mobile phone.