How to watch Tokyo Olympic 2021 games: It’s happening! The 32nd edition of the Olympic Games is now underway in Tokyo, Japan. The games were originally scheduled to take place last year, but just like everything, they also got postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The organisers have decided to host the event without spectators. This means that you can only watch Olympics 2021 live on TV, mobile phone, and laptop. If you are wondering how, here’s a quick guide on that. The guide also comprises ways to watch Tokyo Olympics live stream online in India for free.
The event will still be called Tokyo Olympics 2020 despite it being held in 2021.
Tokyo Olympics 2021 live streaming in India
The Tokyo Olympics 2020/ 2021 live streaming in India will be available exclusively on the Sony Liv app/ website. Smartphone users can download the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store, while users watching on a laptop can stream the Olympic games live directly from the Sony Liv website. Having said that, Sony Liv is a subscription-based video streaming platform. You need to have the platform’s premium plan to watch its content.
The Sony Liv premium subscription plan details are as follows
- Rs 299 for a month
- Rs 699 for six months
- Rs 999 for a year
How to watch Olympic 2021 games online in India for free
To watch Tokyo Olympics 2020/ 2021 online in India for free without a Sony Liv subscription, you need an active Jio number. This will give you access to the telecom network’s live tv app called JioTV, which you can use to live stream Tokyo 2020 games for free.
- Tokyo Olympics 2021 live streaming will be available for Jio customers via the Jio TV app
- The app is available for both Android and iOS via the Google Play Store and App Store.
- Once downloaded, sign in with your Jio number and authenticate via OTP
- Now, look for Sony channels from the list of live channels available to watch on the app
- The live streaming of the Olympics 2021 will be available on Sony Six, Sony Ten 2, Sony Ten 3, and Sony Ten 4 channels
- Since Jio TV doesn’t have a web version of the app, you can’t watch Olympics 2021 online on a laptop using this workaround
How to get Sony Liv subscription for free to watch Olympic games 2020/ 2021
You can download the Jio TV app on PC using an Android emulator to watch India vs Sri Lanka online for free on a laptop. Apart from this, you can get a Sony Liv subscription for free with a Jio Fiber connection.
- To get a Sony Liv subscription for free, customers will have to recharge their Jio Fiber connection with Rs 999 plan and above.
- Once done, head over to the Sony Liv website or app.
- Log in with the mobile number that is registered with Jio Fiber and authenticate via OTP.
- Now, you can catch the live action of Olympics 2021 online on mobile phones, laptops, and smart TVs.
The Sony Liv subscription, in addition to the Olympics 2021 live stream, lets you access Sony Liv original TV shows, movies, international shows, live TV channels, live events of WWE, kids content, and more. The premium subscription supports 5 profiles, meaning you can stream the content on five screens at a time.
Olympics 2021 live telecast in India
The Olympics 2021 live telecast in India will be available exclusively on Sony network channels. The games can be watched in four different languages. Here’s the list of channels on which channel you can watch Olympics 2021 in vernacular languages.
- Hindi: Sony Ten 3
- Telugu: Sony Ten 4
- Tamil: Sony Ten 4
- English: Sony Ten 2 and Sony Six
You can also watch Olympics 2020/ 2021 live telecast in India on DD National and DD Sports. However, there is a catch. The channels will only broadcast Indian events. While Sony channels come with a subscription, DD National and DD Sports are free-to-air services.