The 2G Vodafone Idea recharge is only available in selected regions at the moment.
Shops including recharge outlets are shut due to coronavirus-induced lockdown in India. This means you have no other option but to take the online route to recharge your mobile number. However, what about 2G users on feature phones that lack digital wallet support such as Google Pay and Paytm? How do they recharge their mobile numbers without stepping out of their house after the existing pack exhausts? Now, 2G Vodafone Idea customers can sigh a relief. The telco has initiated a quick recharge process of its 2G customers via SMS and missed call. However, the process is only limited to Vodafone Idea customers in Haryana, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and North East regions.
What is 2G Vodafone Idea Quick Recharge feature?
The Vodafone Idea quick recharge is an offline method for customers to top-up their 2G numbers. The recharge can be done through a process that requires sending an SMS and placing a missed call. The process is simple and easy to understand. All you have to do is draft a message with the 10-digit mobile number that you want to recharge, enter the amount, and send it to the bank where you have an account. Once the recharge is successful, the amount will be deducted from the bank account. Per Telecom Talk, the service is available in Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and North East along with Haryana region.
How to recharge 2G Vodafone Idea number via SMS
- For users with SBI Bank, recharge can be initiated by drafting a message with Stopup<space>Userid<space>MPIN<space>VODAFONE/IDEA<space>10 digit Mob No<space>Amount and send it to 9223440000.
- ICICI Bank: SMS to 9222208888 : MTOPUP<space>IDEA/VODAFONE<space>10 digit Mob No<space>Amount<space>Last 6 digits of Bank Acc
- Axis Bank: SMS to 9717000002 / 5676782 : MOBILE<space>10 digit Mob No<space>Idea/Vodafone<space>Amount<space>Last 6 digits of Bank Acc
- Kotak Bank : SMS to 9971056767 / 5676788 : REC<space>10 digit Mob No<space> VODAFONE/IDEA<space>Amount<space>Last 4 digits of Bank Acc
- IndusInd Bank : SMS to 9212299955: MOB<space>10 digit Mob No<space> VODAFONE/IDEA<space>Amount<space>Last 4 digits of Debit card
How to recharge 2G Vodafone Idea number via SMS and missed call
You can also recharge your 2G Vodafone Idea number using SMS and missed call. To do so,
- SMS: ACT<space> VODAFONE/IDEA<space>Last 5 digits of Bank Acc
- SMS: FAV<space>10-digit mobile number<space>Amount
- Confirm your recharge by giving a missed call to 7308080808
How to recharge 2G Vodafone Idea number via ATM
Besides this, you can also recharge through ATMs. The feature is available not just for Vodafone Idea users but Airtel and Jio subscribers as well. Vodafone Idea has partnered with HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, DCB Bank, IDBI Bank and Standard Chartered Bank for recharge from ATMs. So if you have an account on any of these banks, you can perform recharge using an ATM.
- To do so, visit any of these bank’s ATMs stated above
- Insert your card on the machine and look for mobile recharge option on the menu.
- Then enter your 10-digit mobile number and proceed by entering ATM pin.
- The following screen will ask you the recharge amount, quickly fill it up and hit ‘Enter’ button.
- The amount will be deducted from the bank account and credited to your mobile number.