The COVID-19 second wave has resulted in many people looking to get themselves vaccinated in India. The country’s large population is proving to be a big challenge with the nationwide vaccination drive. In fact, some people are hesitant to take the vaccine because of news saying they are not safe. But even then you have millions who have already gotten their first as well as second dose. For them, the government has issued a special COVID vaccine certificate that confirms their inoculation. So what is the COVID vaccination certificate? Wondering how to download the vaccination certificate and how it makes a difference? We tell you everything there is to know.
What is COVID vaccination certificate?
COVID vaccination certificate is an official document that proves a person has been vaccinated. It is issued after the first dose of the COVID vaccine is administered. The vaccine certificate has a unique 13-digit beneficiary reference ID using which you can access all the details of that particular person.
You also get a physical copy of the vaccine certificate with all the details, like the vaccine they have taken and from which hospital/ centre you got inoculated. After the first dose, you get a provisional certificate for the COVID vaccine.
How to download COVID vaccination certificate
People who get the first dose of COVID vaccine will only get a provisional COVID vaccine certificate. Only after you have got both vaccine doses, you get all the details about the inoculation. But in either stage, you can download the COVID vaccine certificate for your own proof. And there are multiple ways of getting it. You can use the government’s CoWIN website, Aarogya Setu app, Digilocker app, or the Umang app to get a digital copy of the COVID vaccine certificate.
How to download vaccination certificate using CoWIN
CoWIN, as you might know, is a government-authorised web portal that lets you register and schedule vaccine appointments. Once you get inoculated, follow these steps to download the COVID vaccine certificate.
- Open the CoWIN website on any web browser
- Click on Register/Sign In button. Sign in using your registered mobile number and enter the OTP received in the SMS
- After getting the first or second dose, the platform will show the Certificate tab under your name. Click on the button to download the soft copy of the COVID vaccine certificate
How to download COVID vaccine certificate using Aarogya Setu app
Aarogya Setu is the mobile app through which you can schedule vaccine appointment on Android and iOS devices. But it also allows you to download the vaccine certificate. Here are the steps for that:
- Download Aarogya Setu on Android and iOS from Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, respectively
- Head over to CoWIN tab at the top and click on Vaccine Certificate
- Type your 13-digit beneficiary reference ID and click on Get Certificate
- Now you can download the COVID vaccine certificate.
How to download vaccine certificate using Digilocker
Digilocker is another avenue through which you can download the COVID vaccine certificate. This digital platform lets you store important documents on the cloud that can be accessed anytime using the app. Digilocker is available on Android and iOS for all users.
Here are the steps to download the COVID vaccine certificate using Digilocker:
- Download the Digilocker app on Android and iOS from Google Play Store and App Store, respectively
- Register on the app using personal details like name, address, and Aadhaar number
- Scroll down, head over to the Health section, and click on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, select the Vaccine Certificate option
- Add your 13-digit reference ID and download the vaccine certificate
How to download COVID vaccination certificate using Umang app
Umang app is another government source platform that can be used to download vaccination certificate. The app works on both Android and iPhone and facilitates all government services under one platform. Here’s how the certificate can be downloaded: