If you didn’t get to watch the Disney Family Singalong online live, we’ve got the details you need. A welcome moment for many families looking to find something new to watch, this special is a cavalcade of musical performance with today’s stars bringing new life to classic hits.
DISNEY FAMILY SINGALONG CHANNEL, CAST AND START TIME
The Disney Family Singalong ran from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern on ABC
Cast: Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Alan Menken, Elle Fanning, Josh Groban (among others)
Run-time: 1 hour
The 60-minute special is packed full with more than just musicians, as both pop stars and celebrities are joining together to sprinkle some audio Disney magic — performing songs from beloved movies — across the land. And, no, you don’t need Disney Plus to watch it. Shocking, right?
We’ve got the full playlist below, and it’s so massive we’re wondering how they’re gonna manage to fit it all in there. The special will feature Josh Groban (performing “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” from Toy Story), Demi Lovato and Michael Bublé performing “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella and (according to ABC) Elle Fanning will start the show off with “a special introduction.”
Here’s a sneak peak:
The stars continue with “a vocal warm up by Kristin Chenoweth,” as well as media personalities Erin Andrews, Bobby Bones, Julianne Hough and Uncle Jesse himself (ask your parents, kids) John Stamos. Zac Efron will appear to deliver a message as well.
Speaking of Efron, he will be absent from what is arguably the biggest element of the spectacular hour: a group performance of the High School Musical song “We’re All in This Together,” which will feature cast members such as Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu and Raven-Symoné, as well as a bunch of TikTok stars.
How to watch the Disney Family Singalong with a VPN
Just because ABC isn’t available everywhere doesn’t mean Americans abroad need to miss the premiere. Watching Disney Family Singalong live with the rest of the internet can be pretty easy with the right VPN (virtual private network), you can stream the show from wherever you go.
We’ve evaluated many VPN services, and our top pick is ExpressVPN. It meets the VPN needs of the vast majority of users, offering outstanding compatibility with most devices and impressive connection speeds. It’s also affordable at $12.95 per month. (Signing up for longer periods of six months or a year reduces the cost even more.)
How to watch the Disney Family Singalong in the US
The Disney Family Singalong is expected to go up on Hulu on demand, on Friday, April 17, after it aired between 8 and 9 p.m. Eastern on ABC. The broadcast network is available if you have an antenna or cable subscription.No word about Disney Plus.
If you’ve already cut the cord, you can watch the big show live on several live TV streaming services, including Hulu With Live TV, YouTube TV and AT&T TV Now.
Of these options, we recommend Hulu, which also offers original programming like High Fidelity and Shrill. It’s also got a 1-week free trial. YouTube TV is a better choice if you want to record a lot of shows, since it offers a Cloud DVR with unlimited storage. We do not recommend AT&T TV Now.
- Hulu With Live TV: 60-plus channels and access to Hulu’s library and originals for $54.99
- YouTube TV: Unlimited DVR storage, 70-plus channels for $49.99
How to watch The Disney Family Singalong in Canada
Canadian Disney fans can tune in at the same time and day, 8 p.m. on City TV.
How to watch the Disney Family Singalong in the UK
I’ve got some bad news Brits: there doesn’t appear to be a way to watch the Disney Family Singalong on any UK channels. Americans in the UK should look at ExpressVPN to watch along with everyone back home.
The Disney Family Singalong playlist
- “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – Demi Lovato and Michael Bublé
- “A Spoonful of Sugar” – Little Big Town
- “Be Our Guest” – Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert, with a special appearance by Julianne Hough
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” – Christina Aguilera
- “Colors of the Wind” – Tori Kelly
- “Do You Want to Build a Snowman” – Thomas Rhett
- “Friend Like Me” – James Monroe Iglehart with Broadway Company of Disney’s “ALADDIN”
- “Gaston” – Josh Gad, Luke Evans and Alan Menken
- “How Far I’ll Go” – Auliʻi Cravalho
- “I Won’t Say I’m In Love” – Ariana Grande
- “I Wan’na Be Like You” – Darren Criss
- “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” – Donny Osmond
- “It’s a Small World” – John Stamos
- “Let It Go” – Amber Riley
- “The Bare Necessities” – Erin Andrews, Bobby Bones, Carrie Ann Inaba and Marcus Scribner
- “Under The Sea” – Jordan Fisher
- “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” – Josh Groban
- And an epic performance of “We’re All in This Together” with Kenny Ortega and his friends from “High School Musical,” “Descendants,” “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” “Zombies” and more including Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman, Lucas Grabeel, KayCee Stroh, Raven-Symoné, Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Booboo Stewart, Sarah Jeffrey, Meg Donelly, Milo Manheim, Joshua Bassett, Olivia Rodrigo, Sofia Wylie, Matt Cornett, Dara Reneé, Julia Lester, Larry Saperstein, Frankie Rodriguez, Joe Serafini, Tik Tok Sensations Charli D’Amelio and Dixie D’Amelio, Chucky Klapow, Jared Murillo, Ro Malaga, Britt Stewart, Kim Klapow and Bayli Baker Thompson.